The Benefits of Roo in a Raw Diet
Kangaroos are open range animals and the meat we eat is not farmed. In fact, kangaroos exist over extensive pastoral areas of Australia and they are harvested in their own environment. Therefore kangaroo meat is never exposed to human intervention, antibiotics, added growth hormones or added chemicals. It’s the ultimate clean meat – the way we were meant to eat it, they are truly organic by nature. We purchase our roo from human consumption abattor.
Here are some of the impressive components and benefits of kangaroo meat:
- Terrific source of high-quality protein.
- Impressively low in fat, with less than 2% fat and low in ‘undesirable’ saturated fats.
- Source of heart-friendly omega-3’s.
- Naturally contains Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) part of the omega-6 group. “Kangaroos can have as much as five times more CLA in their fat than ruminants. The level of CLA in kangaroos depends on their diet, as it also does in ruminant animals”, according to Research of Clare Engelke.
- Particularly good source of the ‘must-have’ minerals iron and zinc.
- Good source of valuable B-group vitamins, including Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, niacin, riboflavin and thiamine and taurine.
All of our Green Tripe mixes and our specialised mixes include kangaroo because of the significant health benefits that is packed in this clean meat. Browse our range of raw pet food, or place an order.