Bone Broth Benefits & Recipe For Your Pet
Bone broth is a superfood that has been around for a very long time, is nutrient packed and easy to make, and better yet – has amazing health benefits for your furkid! It is essentially the nutrient-dense stock liquid made from simmering raw or cooked bones at low heat over long periods of time, and is considered a nutrition powerhouse for dogs!
Bone broth contains all the minerals needed that dogs can easily digest and absorb such as magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, silicon, zinc and sulfur. This is a delicious and easy way to maintain your dog healthy and full of nutrients with the calories needed to keep them full of energy, active and feeling great! It is also extremely easy to digest and is soothing for the gut. Although this healthy broth can be given to help dogs heal and stay strong.
The older your dog gets the more complications they have concerning bone strength, skin conditions, pain, arthritis, etc. Dogs also produce less and less collagen with age so they need to get this elsewhere, and bone broth is the best form of collagen they can get. However, it also works as an excellent raw multivitamin supplement for any dog at any age! What are the main benefits of bone broth for dogs?
- Helps maintain a healthy gut, especially for dogs with digestive issues
- Supports your dog’s immune system and detoxes his liver
- Helps protect your dog’s joints
Our bone broth pack has a mix of bones picked for their nutritional value, with plenty of glue for the gut. This is a low allergy pack but please check that your furkid is ok with all of these ingredients before using. This is a great little pack to keep in your freezer ready to cook up.
We recommend making a bone broth for your furkids at least once a month because of its high nutritional value. Remember apple cider vinegar is the jelly behind the broth and that you can add tumeric for its health benefits, which are both also available for purchase from our website.
How to make bone broth for your dog:
Ingredients – Our bone broth pack includes:
Small Roo Tails
Apple cider vinegar (can be purchased separately from our website)
Turmeric (can be purchased separately from our website)
1. Place ingredients in a crockpot, cover with water and add apple cider vinegar and turmeric.
2. Simmer ingredients gently for 20-30 hours. We recommend trying to take the cooking to 30 hours where you should be able to puree the soft bones with a blender so that they can go into the end product and add nutritional value.
3. Allow to cool. Remove all bones from the broth using a strainer if necessary – do not leave cooked bones in the broth if they are not pureed.
4. Pour into single-serving size storage containers and freeze. Defrost and serve as required.