Feeding Raw To Ensure A Happy & Healthy Fur Family In 2021
Many people are motivated to make the move to a raw diet because it’s more natural and less processed than most commercial pet diets currently available. Others feed their pets a raw food diet because it makes sense that if they feed themselves a healthy balanced diet, then it’s logical to feed their pets in the same way. Others simply feed raw because their pets love it! Whatever your motivation is to make the switch this year, raw is by far the best way to ensure a happy and healthy fur family in 2021.
Reasons To Feed Raw
A raw food diet closely resembles the diet your dog or cat’s ancestors would have eaten or a diet as nature intended. It prioritises natural ingredients and a balance of vitamins and minerals to deliver what your pet needs from their diet. Since the ingredients remain in their raw state, raw pet food doesn’t lose the enzymes and vitamins through cooking. In addition, the preparation of good quality fresh raw pet food also skips the preservatives, additives and fillers that can be found in low-quality brands and non-raw foods.
Switching a dog with an existing health problem to a raw diet can often produce an improvement in their conditions. Among healthy pets, a raw diet is likely to help prevent some of the illnesses that are now common in many dogs. Most importantly, a high quality raw diet with bones will help promote a long, healthy, and happy life for you and your companion animal.
The reported benefits of a raw diet from many Nutritionists and Veterinary Authors are:
- Shinier coat
- Healthier skin
- Cleaner teeth less gum issues and therefore digestive issues
- More energy, less manic energy, due to only natural fats being digested
- Less wastage to clean up
- A well rounded furkid, with reduced reports on the western diet diseases of diabetes, obesity and cancer.
Cats fed a prey model diet of whole raw foods are compelled to use their jaws and teeth for the purpose they were designed. This slicing and tearing action of ripping apart whole, raw meats and raw meaty bones provides a scrubbing and flossing action that helps to keep gums healthy, teeth clean and white, and jaws strong. A healthy mouth is vital to the overall health of any animal.
Additional benefits cats receive from a raw diet include:
- Shinier, healthier skin and coat
- Firmer, smaller and less smelly stools
- Reduction in flatulence (gas)
- Better digestion
- Improved weight control
- Less shedding
- Reduced or eliminated need for veterinary dental work
- Decrease in abnormal hyperactivity
- Reduction of skin allergies, fleas and food allergies
- More energy and stamina
- Reduced visits to the Veterinarian, due to an overall healthier pet
- Less wax build-up in ears
3 Simple Steps To Getting Started On Raw
It’s important to note that just like us our pets need a variety of wholesome foods to provide them with a wide range of nutrients. It’s important to opt for leaner proteins (be mindful of fat), include fish and don’t be afraid to try the weird (sometimes icky) and wonderful things that provide a range of benefits for your pet. Here are the 3 main things to remember when planning out your pet’s daily meal. You can refer to our raw food calculator to see the recommended portion of each.
1. Calcium – Your pet needs calcium in their diet. And they need some phosphorus to go with it because these minerals work closely together. Bones contain both calcium and phosphorus. Meat is high in phosphorus and too low in calcium. So an all-meat diet may cause bone and nervous system issues in your pets and severe bone issues in growing animals. So you need to ensure that you include raw meaty bones (RMB) in the raw diet to ensure your pet is getting the right balance. Read more about Feeding Bones Safely.
2. Organs – Organs are the nutrient-rich parts of the animal. Without them, your pet could be missing some important vitamins. Read more about The Benefits of Feeding Your Dog Liver.
3. Muscle Meat – Once you get your meaty bones and organs in place, the rest of your pet’s diet should be nice lean meats. They need proteins to build strong tissues. And it supports the hormones and enzymes they need to survive and thrive.
You can also learn more in our blog A Simple Guide To Getting Your Pet Started on Raw!
Instincto And A Happier, Healthier Fur Family
At Instincto we know that many diseases start from the mouth and that a clean healthy meat and bone diet assists in keeping our favourite companions around for longer healthier lives, with fewer vet visits.
Our fresh raw pet food range is processed three times a week and delivered around Brisbane with no:
We supply and deliver fresh preservative-free, raw pet food to people who care to feed a more holistic, raw diet to their companion animal. Our beliefs are based on what our companion animals would eat in nature.
Our large variety of fresh raw pet food products include:
- Care Shampoos and Treatments
- Flea and Tick Treatments
- Organ Meat
Instincto Holistic Hypoallergenic Blends – At Instincto we have a variety of protein mixes that have been specially formulated to help support our furry friends with particular needs. Kick start your fur families year with a protein mix that has been developed to help them heal and live healthier, happier lives.
- Total Joint Mix – Supports joint issues
- Muscle Builder Mix – Supports skin, tendons and muscles
- Chicken Turkey Fish Mix – Supports pets allergic or unable to eat red meat
- Kangaroo Chunky All Rounder – Gives pets the great benefits of kangaroo, organ and bone in a ground meat mix.
Browse our full range of Holistic Hypoallergenic Blends and their benefits.
Puppies Eat Free in 2021!
Instincto wants to help your puppy get off to the best start in life! We offer the first two weeks of food FREE when you first put your puppy on a raw diet! T’s and C’s apply.
Contact us to arrange a time to call in and discuss your puppies breed. We can also offer you some great information about how a raw diet will improve your puppies health and well being.
Learn more about Preparing, Welcoming & Caring for your New Puppy!
Kick start a happier and healthier 2021 by feeding your pet Australia’s Best RAW Pet Meat. Browse our full range online or contact us for more information.